close
Obstinate are the trammels,                                                       
束縛是牢固的,

but my heart aches when I try to break them.              
但當我想試圖掙脫它們,我的心卻發痛。
Freedom is all I want,                                                                
自由是我唯一所求,
but to hope for it I feel ashamed.                                       
但對自由的希冀卻使我羞慚。
I am certain that priceless wealth is in thee,          
我確信那無價的財富掌握在你手裡,

and that thou art my best friend,                                         
而且你是我最好的朋友,
but I have not the heart                                                              
to sweep away the tinsel that fills my room.
但我卻無心清除充塞屋內的虛華之物。

The shroud that covers me is a shroud of dust and death;
我身上披覆著塵垢與死亡的披巾,
I hate it, yet hug it in love.                                                   
我厭惡它,卻用愛擁抱它。
My debts are large, my failures great,                  
我的債務沈重,我的挫折巨大,
my shame secret and heavy;                                                           
我的羞愧私密且深沈,

yet when I come to ask for my good,                                          
但當我前來祈求悔改時,
I quake in fear lest my prayer be granted.                        
我卻又畏懼戰慄,唯恐我的請求真被應許。


這首詩出自於泰戈爾的頌歌集其中一篇
泰戈爾(Rabindranath Tagore)是享有詩哲美譽的印度詩人
頌歌集也是他在1913年獲得諾貝爾文學獎的作品
在他的作品當中
時而歌頌美麗的大自然
時而刻畫對生命虔誠的追尋
尤其描述所要尋覓生命的真諦
無非就是【愛】

Just for you~
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    想要出去玩 發表在 痞客邦 留言(6) 人氣()